Thursday, March 13, 2008

Change Excel column name from A, B, C... to 1, 2, 3 ...

One day, when I have to work with Excel file, I just don’t have an idea why the column name that generally named column A, B, C, D … changed to 1, 2, 3, 4, ….. At the first place I don’t really care about it, I only think that it’s weird without having a damn on it.

And the other day, while my colleague copy that excel file, he need it to be change to original name. Then I start googling, and came up to this site.

This is how to change it :

  1. Click on Tools -> Options -> General tab
  2. Mark R1C1 reference style to change the column name into 1, 2 , 3… or unmark to change it to original


I dont know the purpose from this R1C1 reference style options for. Anyone ?

1 comment:

Ravi 拉维 said...

This is awesome.. Have seen this prior.. but never paid attention on how this is changed..